This is a combination of couple different recipes I had found on Pinterest. I made it to surprise my HyChi lovin’ husband, who agreed that even HyChi ca’t come close to being this awesome! The sesame chicken came from The recipe Critic. The secret, I learned, is in the breading. I had never made breading like this, and it changed everything!
The second part, because I wanted to Chinese noodles instead of rice (which my kids won’t eat), are simple sesame noodles, adapted from The Pioneer Woman. There are several steps here, but it is not at all difficult, and SO worth the effort!
Baked Sesame Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 T cornstarch
- additional sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowls, place cornstarch and slightly beaten eggs. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture. You can use a gallon ziploc bag, or a bowl and some Glad Press n Seal to shake the chicken as well.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, minced garlic, and 1 T cornstarch. Pour over chicken and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir th chicken every 15 minutes so that it coated them in the sauce.
Simple Sesame Noodles
Prep Time:10 MinutesCook Time:10 MinutesDifficulty:EasyServings:8
- 12 ounces, fluid Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Chili Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin
Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with green onions and toss. I also tossed in some steamed broccoli florets here.